Last week I was out and about doing a variety of radio interviews about my new book, ‘Powerfood – The Party Edition‘. It was so much fun! And, of course, I couldn’t show up empty handed, so I baked these delicious apple carrot muffins that appear in my new book. In the book, they are made into one-bite cakes, but this time (see photo ; )), I made them twice as big. These muffins are a great treat mid-way through a party or the perfect thing to offer a houseful of guests. So good!
20 a 25 min
24 (mini) muffins of 12 (big) muffins
3 days (in an air-tight container)
muffin tin with 12 or 24 holes
- 375 g (3 1/4 cups) whole spelt flour, or other flour of choice
- 100 g (3/4 cup) coconut blossom sugar
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp powdered ginger
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml (scant 1/2 cup) coconut yogurt
- 280 ml (1 cup + 2 tbsp) oat milk, or other plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 120 g (4.25 ounces) apple, grated
- 100 g (3.5) carrot, grated
- ghee or coconut oil, for greasing
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Thoroughly combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and add the coconut yogurt, milk, lemon juice, grated apple and grated carrot. Stir once again to combine. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir well until the mixture is moist. Grease the muffin tin using ghee or coconut oil and spoon the batter into the muffin forms. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Laat me dan weten hoe je het vindt! Laat hieronder een reactie achter en deel jouw foto op Instagram met #powerfoodies en #renskroes. Enjoy!