Oooh, this filling salad is to die for! It is fresh, sweet and profits from the tasty crunch of the roasted sunflower seeds. Millet is definitely making a comeback, by the way, and for good reason, too! First of all, it’s gluten free, which means it’s easy to digest, but it’s also high in protein…
2 days in an airtight container in the fridge
300 g / 1,5 cup millet
3 medium sweet potatoes
3 tbsp Gucot herb and veggie mix
2 handfuls of rocket and/or spinach
1 head romaine lettuce
2 handfuls mint leaves
olive oil, for cooking
5 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds (recipe below)
4 tbsp sundried tomato hummus
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C / 400° F
2. Cook the millet according to the package instructions. Once cooked, allow to cool.
3. Wash the sweet potatoes and chop them into small cubes. Transfer to a bowl, toss in two generous splashes of olive oil and the herb and veggie powder mix. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast the sweet potato for about 30 minutes, or until they are nice and crispy. Allow to cool, tossing occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, slice the head of lettuce, roughly chop the mint leaves and combine with the arugula in a large salad bowl with the millet and sweet potatoes.
5. Toast the sunflower seeds in a bit of oil in a frying pan, season to taste.
6. Make the dressing by whisking together all the dressing ingredients.
7. Divide across four bowls (or two big bowls) and enjoy!
Laat me dan weten hoe je het vindt! Laat hieronder een reactie achter en deel jouw foto op Instagram met #powerfoodies en #renskroes. Enjoy!