In the fall and winter months, I tend to enjoy warming food like delicious bowls with curry, soups and oatmeal with the tastiest spices and herbs most of all. I also love stews, warm apple compote and hotchpotch. Not only do my taste buds get a huge boost from this kind of food, my digestion…
1 liter / 4 cups
3 days in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer
Immersion blender, blender or food processor
5 medium carrots
2 yellow or red onions
2 inch fresh ginger
2 inches fresh turmeric root
3 cloves garlic
1 red chilli pepper, optional
1 stalk sereh/lemongrass
2 tsp herb blend or bouillon powder
400 ml/scant 2 cups coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
800 ml/ 3 1/2 cups water
sea salt, to taste
½ tsp black pepper
Ghee or coconut oil, for sautéing
– Mushrooms with tamari
Clean 250 g (2 cups) mushrooms with a brush and then cut into quarters. Pre-heat the frying pan to high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil with the mushrooms. Stir. When the mushrooms are golden brown and no excess water, lower the heat to medium and press a clove of garlic squeeze into the pan and add 1-2 tbsp tamari. Cook and stir them until the mushroom absorbs the tamari and the garlic is golden brown and voila!
– Brown basmati rice, to serve
– Crushed walnuts
1. Clean the carrots and peel the turmeric and ginger root.
2. Chop them along with the carrots onion, garlic, red chilli pepper and sereh/lemongrass. When cutting lemongrass it is important that you use the lower softer part.
3. Add the chopped veg to a pan with a bit of oil and the herb blend or bouillon powder and sauté for four minutes, stirring well.
4. Then, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, water, salt and black pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. If you want to add the mushrooms with tamari and/or the rice, make them now.
6. Blend the soup. Serve in bowls and top with the rice and mushrooms, if you’re including them. Enjoy!
Laat me dan weten hoe je het vindt! Laat hieronder een reactie achter en deel jouw foto op Instagram met #powerfoodies en #renskroes. Enjoy!